Launch of the 2014 Entrepreneur of the Year Awards
The Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards seek to encourage entrepreneurial activity and recognise the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. The Awards operate globally across 145 cities and 60 countries worldwide, celebrating those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses.
In Great Britain, entries will be grouped into four regional programmes (Scotland; North; Midlands; and London, the South and Wales) to determine regional winners, with regional winners going forward to a UK Masterclass to compete for the Overall UK Entrepreneur of the Year title. The UK overall winner will then go on to represent the UK at the World Entrepreneur of the Year awards in June 2014 in Monte Carlo. Note: Entries from Northern Ireland are invited at http://www.eoy.tv
The benefits of entering include the following:
- Opportunity to join a global business network.
- Opportunities to excel – from regional to national to global success.
- Significant profile-raising through regional and national media coverage.
The following categories make up the 2014 Awards programme:
- Emerging – an entrepreneur that is leading a business which has been running between two and seven years with a sustainable business model and the potential to scale or grow their business.
- International – an entrepreneur who has developed business in international locations either by exporting or by establishing operations in multiple countries.
- Private Equity-backed – an entrepreneur who is leveraging private equity support to achieve their long term vision and maximise the growth of their business.
- Social Enterprise – an entrepreneur who trades for social and/or environmental purposes. As with all businesses, their social enterprise competes to deliver goods and services but they are distinctive because their social and/or environmental purpose is absolutely central to what they do.
- World of Entrepreneur of the Year Award – The year’s country winners from around the world gather in Monte Carlo, Monaco, to be inducted into the World Entrepreneur of the Year Academy and to vie for the title of World Entrepreneur of the Year.
UK entrants must be based or have their chief operations in the UK, and must have been incorporated for at least two years as of 1 January 2014.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 7 March 2014.
To read more information about The Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards and for the chance to participate click here.