- Status: Open
- Key features: Investment of up to £25,000 (excluding VAT) for four businesses to develop digital innovations that can be applied in the fashion industry.
- Programme: IC tomorrow
- Award: Up to £25,000
- Opens: 07 May 2013
- Registration closes: No deadline
- Closes: 12 Jun 2013
£120,000* to encourage digital innovation in fashion and retail
IC tomorrow, in association with the British Fashion Council (BFC) and the Tech City Investment Organisation (TCIO), is running the Digital Innovation Contest Fashion to encourage digital innovations that can be applied in the fashion industry. We are offering four businesses the opportunity to receive £25,000* each in funding to develop innovative commercial prototypes that meet the broad objectives that we have set, together with our industry partners BOXPARK, the British Fashion Council (BFC), the London College of Fashion s Centre for Fashion Enterprise (CFE) and Designer Manufacturer Innovation Support Centre (DISC), and Bauer Media/Grazia.
The contest is open to any company or developer; to apply, it is not necessary to have an existing app or service, or to be currently active in the fashion industry. We are looking for good ideas that address one of our four contest challenges.
Proposed prototypes should ideally have the potential to appeal to a wider commercial market, and successful applicants will be expected to trial their proposed solutions with their respective industry partners for a minimum of three months.
We welcome applications from agencies, but they need to have in mind a specific product, platform or service, even if it is only at the idea stage. We also welcome applications relating to fully formed concepts, but we can only fund applications that include an element that is novel and inventive, and cannot give awards for work that has already been carried out.
IC tomorrow will be granting successful businesses:
- two awards of up to £25,000* each for the development of a prototype service or application in the design category
- one award of up to £25,000* for the development of a prototype service or application in the retail category
- one award of up to £25,000* for the development of a prototype service or application in the media category.
In addition to the £25,000 of funding, each successful applicant will retain their intellectual property, and will:
- gain from exposure to a range of fashion industry partners
- be able to test their proposed application, product or service with a relevant industry partner
- be able to promote their solution via the IC tomorrow programme
- receive support in resolving delivery issues related to the proposed application or service.
Register and apply
- Register and apply at: https://connect.innovateuk.org/web/digitalinnovation-contest-fashion
- Deadline for submissions: Noon, Wednesday 12 June 2013
* Individual awards will be a maximum of £25,000 each, excluding VAT