Welcome to the Make It Global Blog, the place to find out all the latest information about the Make It Global project including new opportunities, events and news.
The Make It Global project is a £1.5 million funded project that aims to support the internationalisation of women-led small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in London. The project is funded by the EU, through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
How can I get support from the Make It Global project?
Have you got ambitions to make your business global but don’t know where to start? Are you already trading overseas but want to explore other new markets?
To be eligible for Make It Global support, your business should:
- Be a registered company in London and trading
- Be majority female owned (51% or more)
- Employ less than 250 people
- Have a turnover less than €50M per year
- Have a product or service to expand into international markets
*Please note that retailers are not eligible for support
What support will I be able to access?
Make It Global will offer a range of support tailored to your international ambitions including:
- Research & innovation support – to resolve business problems by creating innovative solutions.
- Student placements – we can place a student in your business to work on a project. The student will be supported by an academic and funded by a Make It Global grant.
- Collaboration – network and learn from the experiences of other SMEs to find solutions to your business challenges facilitated by a series of experts in business and higher education.
- Workshops –topics from how to create new networks abroad to marketing your business globally.
- Exploring new markets abroad – attend a range of events on this topic.
- Planning your first move abroad – obtain support from the experts to plan your first international business activity.
To sign up for the project register here.